What is American Culture - Post Essay Reflection

Learning the definition and insights on culture and popular culture, helped me to undo the idea of culture as something related to one’s ethnical background, which was then, the first image would come to my mind prior to becoming more acquainted with the concept. I was also surprised to find out there is no exact terms or uniform concept of the word culture, nonetheless there is common ground for its definition.
After receiving feedback on my first in-class essay, I realized that there is a lot of work to be done in order to improve as a writer. I believe that writing is the ultimate result of one’s work as a reader and critical thinker. Neglecting those two extremely important skills, the outcome of ideas in a shape of an essay may result into a lousy paper. I do need to improve as a reader, making critic questions to the reading selection, therefore, finding and developing consistent and coercive arguments and supporting ideas to my thesis (statement), so that will be my focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment